As you get older, your skin will thin out and wrinkle. The productivity of the oil glands in the skin layer decreases, so the skin becomes dry. The number of blood vessels in the skin also decreases, so the skin becomes weaker. The shine of youth fades.
Proper treatment will inhibit the aging process. Here are simple habits that can help keep skin healthy and shiny.
1. Protect from sunlight
Sunlight damages the skin and causes deep wrinkles, dryness, roughness, black spots, and can trigger cancer. For that you should:
• Avoid the sun between 10:00 and 16:00.
• Wear protective clothing. Choose long sleeves, trousers, and wide hats.
• Wear sunscreen 20 minutes before moving outside. Wear every two hours again after sweating or swimming.
2. Don’t smoke
Cigarettes speed up the skin’s aging process and cause wrinkles. The change can be seen clearly in young adults who smoke for at least 10 years.
Cigarettes also narrow the blood vessels in the outermost layer of the skin, so that the skin lacks nutrients and oxygen. This will reduce the elasticity and strength of the skin. The habit of sucking cigarettes and squinting the eyes while exhaling them has the potential to cause wrinkles.
3. Wash gently
• Use warm water, not too hot. Hot water removes the skin’s natural oil. Limit hot baths to less than 15 minutes.
• Avoid soap that is too hard. This will also cut down the oil in the skin.
• Avoid allergic cosmetics, especially if your skin is sensitive.
• After washing, gently dry the face. The towel is pressed enough to face so that the skin moisture does not decrease.
4. Give moisturizer
The need for moisturizers depends on many factors, such as age and skin type. The best way to assess those needs is to wait 20 minutes after taking a shower. If the skin feels tight, the sign is you need a moisturizer.